Monday, September 3, 2012

Things that tick me off


  1. Personality check, please! When people get defensive when someone calls them a bitch or if someone bad mouths them, especially when they say quotes like "If you dont like me, theres nothing i can do news flash bitch I don't live to please you." Or something stupid like that. I hate when people cannot see their faults. What if you REALLY are a bitch? Wouldn't you want to adjust your attitude towards others? People won't call you out on something if they do not see anything wrong with your attitude.
  2. Fishermen and fisherwomen (mostly women). Yesterday, this girl posted a picture of her in Instagram and captioned it with basically "I'M FAT" when she is very very very far from being fat. I mean, I'm not the skinniest girl here but I know I'm not fat fat. Her face is oval, she doesn't even have big cheeks. I seriously don't get it. I have big cheeks and I can pass off as fat. It's either she's just fishing for compliments OR she has serious esteem problems. I think the former.
  3. Mullet tops. This is just a personal peeve. It just doesn't look good on me.
  4. People who don't say "thank you". I've seen this many cases especially when I'm on a bus when men give their seats for women and the latter doesn't even say thank you! Personally, thank you's brighten up my day. It makes me feel appreciated. People!!! Say thank you more often!!
  5. People who don't smile. I like smiling and it is 10x better when the other person smiles back. It doesn't hurt to smile at strangers, too but I only do that if if we've shared something in common like if we both saw a funny situation. I don't know if I'm making sense so bottomline is: SMILE. ALL THE TIME. IT BRIGHTENS OTHER PEOPLE'S DAY.
  6. Misplaced/misconceived Filipino pride. I'm all for nationalism but sometimes people can take it overboard. I remembered one time people made a big deal when a Jollibee branch was seen in a Glee episode. It wasn't even a big part of the episode, it just so happen that one of their musical numbers had a Jollibee branch in the background. And then we have this. I guess it's good to acknowledge a fellow Filipino's success but I don't think it needs a place in the newspapers. Maybe I just haven't read one, but I have never seen a "US VP candidate's chief of staff is a Mexican/Chinese/Yugoslavian". I don't think it's that much of a big deal. It's like saying "Wow! A Filipina came that far! Isn't that amazing?!" All of my countrymen have potential to be something big. You don't have to pick every achievement, just comes off to me negatively; like Filipinos rarely achieve success that's why there's a need to pinpoint everything.
  7. Shit news. I heard this on the radio before and me and my dad got ticked off. Why is this relevant? Why are you including this in the evening news? Nobody cares. People with brains don't care. Waste of fucking airtime.
Things that I find odd

  1. People who don't like drinking water. Water is sooo good for you. It aids digestion, it makes your skin look better... I can go on with the benefits!
  2. People who can sleep for more than 9 hours a day. It's acceptable if you've had a very stressful week and you need to catch up on sleep but on regular days, I think it can be a waste of precious time.

No comments:

Post a Comment