Wednesday, September 12, 2012

On Living Alone + First Day Jitters

Lately I've been thinking about trying to live overseas for awhile, maybe while studying a short course. It's weird how I suddenly have these urges to live independently for awhile. Maybe it has to do with my current situation, I don't know. But it's always good to try and experience something new and a bit terrifying.

Here are a list of few places that I'd wish to live in for a bit. Experience new cultures, etc.

1. Hong Kong

The most plausible of all since it's just over an hour (I believe) or so away from Manila. It's not that expensive and it's a tiny area that I wouldn't feel like I'd get lost. I've been there twice or thrice and it has always been a pleasing experience.


2. London

Maybe it has got to do with my fascination and appreciation for a lot of British things: culture, accent, music, Jordan, love of my life... and wanting to sing the line "Just touched down in London town!" Lol. But seriously, I have this great interest in all things British especially their music. And it's an English-speaking country which means no communication problems! It's very far, though. And very pricey!




Something (not really) tragic happened today! I lost my other earring. I bought that with my ex-boyfriend and it's now funny how I'm trying to philosophize that it was a sign that the pair should separate. Maybe it is!

I'm also experiencing the worst headache ever. Maybe I overslept awhile ago. Ugh. It's 6:15pm and tomorrow's the start of the 2nd term of my 4th year! How what why oh my god. I am far from ready especially since my first class is 8am! I wanna cry. I swore off 8am classes long ago but this term I didn't have a choice since I really wanted only the 2-day class schedule.

New term, new beginning, new life. I hope to meet lots of new friends and do well in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment