Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mixtape for the Brokenhearted + Something Extra Extra!

First, I'd like to apologize for all the sad and personal posts lately. It's been a rough week for me and PMS was just a lovely bonus. I'm now in bed, not in my room, but in our guest room. We kinda believe this room has healing powers since this is where my sickly grandparents recuperated before. I guess it's silly to believe such but it wouldn't hurt to try.

I also had a very pleasant surprise earlier today when mom unearthed a rosary which I got in the uni orientation during my first year. I though I'd lost it when my old bag got stolen long ago. I remembered someone talking about the rosary being of great help to him at one point in his life. He said he didn't really mind the rosary until that crucial point and it has helped him a lot. I'd like to believe that this unexpected appearance of my rosary is a sign of divine intervention. God knows I need him now. 

ANYWAY! Enough of the personal stuff! Even I'm tired of talking about my sad, pathetic life. I decided to make a "songs to cry on" playlist because I found myself needing this recently. Crying is such a good release. Err, okay enough with the pity party! Here's the...


Lolz. With additional sad lines to complete the depressing atmosphere.

1. The WeepiesGotta Have You
"No amount of coffee, no amount of crying. No amount of whiskey, no amount of wine. No, no, no, no, no, nothing else would do I gotta have you."

2. The WeepiesOrbiting
"Now I feel you gone. Cos I know which side you're on and it's not mine."

3. Passion PitConstant Conversations
"I never wanna hurt you baby. I'm just a mess with a name and a price."

4. Michael Bublé - Always On My Mind
"Maybe I didn't hold you all those lonely, lonely times. And I guess I never told you I'm so happy that you're mine."

5. Miley Cyrus CoverYou're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go
"I could stay with you forever and never realize the time"

6. Leighton MeesterWords I Couldn't Say
"There it was the whole world wrapped inside my arms and I let it all slip away. What do I do now that you're gone? No back up plan, no second chance. No one else to blame. All I could hear in the silence that remains are the words I couldn't say"

7. Maroon 5Just A Feeling
"The things we said and did have left permanent scars. Obsessed, depressed at the same time. I can't even walk in a straight line. I've been lying in the dark no sunshine, no sunshine, no sunshine."

9. Norah Jones Thinking About You
"Here I am looking for signs of leaving. You hold my hand but do you really need me?"

8. Wolfman ft. Pete DohertyFor Lovers
Not apt, but just a good to cry to when you realize when you don't have a lover (anymore).

9. Bon Iver I Can't Make You Love Me
"I can't make you love me if you don't. I can't make your heart feel something that it won't."

10. Norah JonesWhy Can't He Be You
"He gives me love that I never got from you. He loves me, too. His love is true. Why can't he be you?"


+ Something Extra Extra!

Though Catalog hits all the spots when it comes to sadness and heartaches. Here are a few of my favorites. 12 depressing essays about love, risks, pain and of course, hope of recovery.
Google Images
1. "It's Over, Stop Texting Me"
2. "I'm Taking A Sad Day"
3. "Things You Learn After Your First Heartbreak"
4. "Things I Wonder Now That You're Gone"
5. "What I Can Do When We Break Up"
6. "How To Say Goodbye To Someone You Love"
7. "What Moving On Is Like"
8. "Find Others Amidst The Lost Hurting"
9. "The First Heartbreak"
10. "Relationship Limbo: The Breakup That Hasn't Happened Yet"
11. "The One Person You Never Really Get Over"
12. "What'd You Do Last Weekend? Me? I Got Dumped"

No comments:

Post a Comment