Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Perfection

"I will kill the spiders

I will share my fries with you when you've finished yours and are still hungry

I won't even pop my collar

I will never be rude to your tummy when I hear it growl and gurgle

I promise to bend down and reply respectfully

I will eat the mushrooms when we order the supreme pizza

I will kiss the papercuts and door-slammed finger and the counter-bumped hip

I'll try my hardest not to get annoyed when you whisper questions and comments during movies

I will be the big spoon

I will let you win at arm wrestling sometimes. Other times, I will not

I will go faster. Harder.

I will pull when you want and tease you when you don't

I will send you random texts and leave you silly gifts
not always, not on schedule. Just whenever I want to. Whenever I think you need one.

I will check the tire pressure and remind you to take your car in

I will hold your hand

I will love you. I will love you. I will love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment