Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Trip Down Memory Lane: Scent Edition

I find it the most amazing thing how a scent can induce memories from long ago. In highschool, I've made it a point to change my perfume/mist every school year and when I went to college, I changed it every term. It's amazing how many images flashback whenever I smell these scents. These are just a few of the perfumes/mists I've used so far. I didn't bother to take a picture of the others because 1. these are the scents that bring about some of the best memories I've had so far and 2. I am a (very) lazy chicken nugget.

I apologize for the quality of these photos because I don't have a decent camera with me now and I just can't be bothered to get the chunky dSLR out of the cabinet so my iTouch's camera should do.

Bath & Body Works' Sea Island Cotton
  • This takes me back to my Senior year in highschool. This was actually a gift from a relative in the U.S. and it has been with me for so long (since 2008?) as you can see it's pretty much beaten up already. It looks so gross and yellow and just all kinds of yuck which is a complete contrast of how it smells. It smells so clean like new bedsheets. Yup, that's the smell I'm going to compare it to.

Nautica

  • I don't even know what name this specific perfume has. It's a little one which was another gift from a family friend when we stayed with them in the U.S. I got this in 2011 and I don't use it that much anymore. This smell takes me back to our U.S. vacation going on road trips all around the East. It also reminds me of a... date. with. an.. ex. Hokay personal stuff already but.. yeah. Bye.


The Body Shop White Musk Chiffon Sheer

  • One of my favorite scents ever. I cannot describe the smell but it's just one of the best. Ever. Anyway, this takes me back to my 3rd year - 1st term days. When I smell this it immediately reminds me of my Calculus subject. I have 3 subjects straight during my Tuesday-Thursday schedule so I don't have time for lunch. I try to sneak in a little meal during my 10 minute break before my Calculus class. Most of the time I buy something from our canteen and it reeks there so whenever I leave I smell like food so I spray shit tons of this on me before I attend my Calculus class. So... that's what it reminds me of. It also reminds me of someone. Heh.

Dove Go Fresh Revive

  •  If you can see it says body mist that's why I abused the hell out of it. I'm almost done with this bottle so I stopped using it. This takes me to my 3rd year - 2nd term days. That was when I had night classes and I stayed in school till 9pm! This was also my crazy/wild (not really)/patapon term when I was just a really really lazy student. My classes start late in the afternoon til night so my schedule made me really lazy and I didn't take some of my classes seriously. I was always hanging out with friends, cutting classes for nothing and not reviewing for exams so I ended up almost failing 2 (!!!!!!!!) subjects. That was an eye/mind/body/SOUL-opener for me. That was one of the most fun/worst terms I've had. Fun since, of course, I was able to hang with my friends a lot doing crazy stupid things and worst because I almost failed. Duh. I learned my lesson.

I would like to apologize again for the quality. It is so bad, I know. But since this is not really a serious blog I don't feel the need to amp up the quality of the photos until I find a decent camera to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment