Saturday, May 5, 2012

Photo Dump: Boracay 2012


I used the DMD app for these panoramic pictures.




These were taken during our last day. I suck because I didn't take much photos while I was there. But can I just say... (Warning: rant ahead)


I'm not much of a beach person but I still wanted to go to Boracay to supposedly experience the "night life" but I wasn't able to because I'm a loser and I just wanted to sleep most of the time that I was there. I have a few problems regarding the following things...

1. Kalibo Airport

That was just all kinds of awful. One of the worst I've gone to. The Batanes Airport is a hundred leagues better than this one. It was dirty (a dead cockroach was seen lying around), it was disorganized and according to my mom the restrooms are really disgusting. She said the cubicle locks don't even work!!! How embarrassing is this?! I feel bad about the tourists and foreigners who come to Boracay to experience a world class beach and is greeted by this sad excuse of an airport. They even charge terminal fees and environmental fees (if I'm not mistaken) and just!! UGHGHGHGHHHH!!!! I'm getting mad just remembering it!!!

On the day of our departure the airport was just a mess. It was so hot inside because they haven't installed enough AC's and the heat was just unbearable that day. The check in area was so small that people are just crowding the whole place. Lines, people, crowd, mess, trash... everywhere.

*Extra rant for Airphil Express

I felt bad about the passengers of Airphil who's flight got delayed. I overheard one passenger (a foreigner) who was inquiring when the flight is because she needed to be back on that day since she has a connecting flight. I don't think these people know how much their delays affect the schedules of people and given that the passenger was foreigner was, again, bad rep for the Ph. Not that the airport itself is already a bad rep. Ugh. *Slash slash slash wrist.*

2. Where we ride the boat to go to the island place

Sorry I forgot what it's called. The people in charge weren't fixing the passenger line so a lot of people cut. It was frustrating because we had two senior citizens in our group and this woman just sneaked in front of the line which led to other groups cutting in which pushed us back of the line and we ended up taking another boat since these ill-mannered people acted like stupid fucks who can't wait their turn.

3. Beggars in Boracay

There were a lot of beggar who were lying around the beach. It was supposed to be a world class beach  and they are kind of ruining it. I'm sorry if I sound like an ignorant person but I just feel like if they wanted people to return then they should try to make the place the most presentable as possible. I'm sorry but it ruins the experience. You're walking down the sand then you'd feel a tap on your leg and this women and her hundred babies are lying there asking for money. Wouldn't that ruin the scene? Again I'm sorry if I sound like a snob but it's a personal opinion.

4. Aviary owned by a Korean

I forgot the name of the tour or the aviary itself but it's part of the tour where you use ATVs or buggies. It was actually an aviary-slash-mini zoo because they also had monkeys there. I felt really bad about the animals there. The place was really dirty and messy and the animals were caged in the old skeletons/framework of the buggies. I don't think there is a zoo keeper there because the animals are just left unattended. I saw one bird with a plastic wrapper in its beak. I asked our tour guide to remove it, of course, but what if we weren't there to remove it. It might have choked to death! The whole state of the place is really bad. It disheartens me that these animals live in such horrid surroundings. I hope animal welfare people look into this place and check up on the animals. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment