Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Update On My Life + Dinner plans + Nigella's Magical Fingers

Officially on term break!!! ...since last Friday night, which was spent boozing (SUPER COOL KID RIGHT HERE) --NOT REALLY. It was a chill night with geerlfuhrends, I scoffed down a big burger then caught up with what's new in each other's lives over beer, loud 90s music and really hot calamares.  I was a bit buzzed but I wasn't drunk drunk. I drove home a bit late, I didn't kill anyone so thank God for that. Just kidding. I'm an ok driver and I wouldn't drive if I was pissed drunk. I'm a responsible citizen of this nation. So the next day my mom kinda (very mildly, like in a scale of 1 to kicking my ass out of this house.. it was about -1) scolded me since the car smelled like alcohol and whatever. For a split second I kinda felt bad because it wasn't really me who reeked of alcohol, it just so happened that my shirt absorbed all the shit in that chill/bar-whatever-place. I mean, I was (-1 level) scolded for something I didn't do! But of course I defended myself! I told them I wouldn't drive if I was drunk blabla I also had a tone in my voice but it wasn't a big deal. Good. Cos I have like 2 or 3 more christmas parties to attend to and all includes alcohol (COOL GIRL) and hopefully I wouldn't reek this time. :(

ANYWAY BLA BLA BLA WHATEVER

Uhm. So yes. It's almost Christmas!!! 6 days before it, actually. I'm kind of excited! Not that this year would be any different than last year or the year before that. There's nothing to look forward to on Christmas day for me. My family doesn't really give gifts to each other. And I admit, up until Christmas 2010, I still would come down on and check under the tree. That maybe, just maybe, my parents would've left something for us. But there never is anything under the tree. Which is a bit sad, now that I think of it. But whatever. It's been like that for the longest time anyway.

I passed my SALESBA class this term!!!! I'm so happy!! I'm now just waiting for 2 more subjects then I'd be officially done with my last academic term in college. WHAT?! I'M DONE?! WHAT?! Another chapter of my life is slowly coming to an end?! *knocks on wood* Fuck I still have thesis/ojt but still!!! Last academic term!!!! Last. There's something about that word that makes me uneasy. I can't believe 4 years have passed. Where did the time go?! I remember being in such a hurry to graduate and now that I'm almost almost there... I kinda wish I could stay a bit longer. Not to do school work, but you know, just chill. I don't even know.

Anyway! Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves (myself). I'll reminisce more when I am sure that I'm graduating next June! *FINGERS CROSSED*

Let's not focus on the now. A.K.A. CHRISTMAS EVE DINNER!!!!

As usual, I have grand plans on what to have for noche buena. The other day I was planning to make baked cheesecake sometime this week but I never really got to it. I asked my mom if we could do it but with her busy schedule, I doubt we could. And of course, being the lazy (and kitchen incompetent) me, I couldn't do it by myself. It's best for everyone's safety.

AAHHH I TYPE TOO MUCH. ON TO WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO SAY ON THE PREVIOUS PARAGRAPH.

Here's my list on what to make on Christmas eve to make this the best Christmas eve dinners yet:

1. Pumpkin Soup

  • Granted I haven't tried that much pumpkin soup in my life, I'm very much willing to make one. I watched Nigella do it and it looked pretty easy. (BUT JUSTINE! IT'S NIGELLA! HER FINGERS ARE MAGICAL AND YOURS ARE LIKE MEANT TO DESTROY EVERY MEAL YOU TRY TO MAKE) I know, ok. Everything in this list is for approval of my mother, the domestic goddess in this household.


2. Baked Cheesecake

  • PLEASE JUST LET ME FULFILL MY DREAM OF BEING ABLE TO CREATE CHEESECAKE. LIKE PLEEEASEEEE. Or buying the Cheesecake factory cheesecake from SNR would do, too. I'm not that picky. Besides, it'd mean less washing up to do (which is always a good thing).

Well so actually there are just 2 things that I wish to make for Christmas eve dinner. What a list. OH AND THIS LIST COULD ALSO APPLY TO NEW YEAR'S EVE DINNER. Just incase I get to lazy or if I burn down the house the first try. Try and try until you succeed, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment