Friday, December 7, 2012

High Noon Melancholia

Been feeling down in the dumps since last night. I'm not sure if it's the mood swings due to PMS, the stress from all the workload, or.. I don't even know anymore.

Since I'm sad I decided to go on to thoughtcatalog since that's what all sad people do, right? Go and read articles about love, life, and relationships that would make them even sadder. It's Friday, high noon, the sun is shining (more like spitting fireballs but whatever) and I'm at home depressing myself more and more.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what I'm doing. I'm embracing the sadness so the good feelings feel... better. Does that make sense? I do this to make the happy feeling much more enjoyable. Ugh ramblings. Now to the purpose of this post! Here are a few quotes from my thoughtcatalog article adventures. Quotes that I wish to save and post on Twitter but I won't because it'd validate everyone's perception of me being the pathetic lovelorn 20 year-old (that I truly am).


1. When You Are The One Who Loves More
Suddenly, approval and affection from your partner become the only kind of currency that matter to you — the only thing capable of convincing you that you are good and worth loving. Because so much of you has been invested in convincing them that you deserve them, if they don’t recognize it, it can feel that no one ever will.


2. 8 Lies I Told You
I told you near the end that I felt like there was nothing to talk about anymore. In reality, I was afraid I was too invested in you, in us, and I thought I was allowing myself to be tied down too soon. I told you that it just didn’t feel right anymore. Truth is it felt too right, and I pulled away from you because I couldn’t accept you as my this-is-it then.


3. 7 Dating Lessons I'm Still Working On Learning

 It sucks, but it’s also an important part of getting older, realizing that life has the ability to break you. You need to get your heart broken by somebody to realize how important love is and that it shouldn’t be taken for granted, so that when the right person comes along, you’ll be the right person for them. You won’t be that person who doesn’t realize how lucky they are to find the kind of relationship some people wait their whole lives for. You’ll come into the relationship with your heart and eyes open.


No comments:

Post a Comment