Sunday, October 14, 2012

Amy, Amy, Amy


I've loved Amy Winehouse's songs ever since I heard "Rehab" on MTV. Me, being a big blues/soul fan, instantly fell in love with her. Her voice is so full and deep and though at times she sounds like she's rambling, it still works perfectly well with the vocals. She has this extraordinary talent that she doesn't even need to try to sing properly to produce such amazing songs.

Just the other day I went on a search for more of Amy. It's been a while since I last listened to her. I downloaded (pirate, sorry) this album


and it was perfect. The album included some remixes of her old songs. One of which is my most favorite Amy Winehouse song "Tears Dry On Their Own" (Original Version)

The oldschool vibe, 50's americana sound appeals so much to me. It brings me back to the 50's, times that I wasn't even able to experience. She just has that kind of voice that transcends you through time. Her songs make me sad when it's intended to be sad, it makes me happy when the songs intend be to be happy. Her voice is just perfect and it really is sad that we lost her when she was at her peak.

Her life lived in trouble and controversy, it's surprising how she was still able to create such amazing songs. I guess I just have to be thankful that I'm able to appreciate her music, a part of her that will never ever die.

No comments:

Post a Comment