Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Summer 2012 Activities

The other day I decided to start doing some DIY activities for this summer vacation just so I have something to keep me busy and sane. School has been stressing me out lately and having something to look forward to in a few week's time is helping me get through the last pushes of university work.

Actually, the major purpose of this blog post is that I need a place to put in all the DIY inspirations that I'll be planning to create this summer because, due to my short-term memory span, these ideas might just get lost in my brain.

O K A Y . . .

So, idea number one is actually the first, official thing that I was planning to do and the others were just branched out ideas from this.

1. TIE-DYE SHIRTS!!!!!!!!


The "!!!!!!!!" is not enough emphasis to show how excited I am to make tie-dye shirts. I don't know why but one day I just felt like I should make these. I guess it's because I feel like it's a no-brainer activity, (We shall know in a few week's time), because you just dip shirts into a tub of dye. How hard can that be?! And since I'm not really that artistically-inclined this is pretty much an idiot proof project. (Again, we shall see in a few week's time) Also, tie-dye shirts just look super chill and laid-back and that kind of sums up how I dress myself. I am so excited. Can you feel my excitement? 

2. Ombre Shirts



Again, the branched out idea which still involves dyes. I watched a tutorial of this in YouTube and it looks pretty easy, too. I want to recreate the shirt above. Maroon is very much my "favorite color of the now".

3. DIY Striped Shirts



I don't think I'll ever get tired of stripes. Even if one blogger said that stripes are so last season and that zigzags are in. I like zigzags, too but stripes will always have a special place in my heart. You see, I like nautical-themed stuff, which is ironic because I don't like swimming and beaches. Btw, note how cute the picture is. It's so tiny, hihi.

And lastly, continue cutting up my old clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment